Sunday, September 7, 2008

Sunday

I've been to church earlier today and frankly, I like the feeling.. Guess imma be going there every Sunday from now on. Just as long as the language used isn't bisaya i dont think that im gonna have problems at all.The priest's sermon wasn't bad either, he was being real.. (not like a lot of priests i know)... He hit a lot of points to which i can relate to; some i havent even realized was right until i heard him say it.

"I am my brother's keeper" said the guy in the white gown while talking on the microphone so that everyone could hear clearly.. (yes, i am referring to the priest). The simple message he was trying to convey to me was i guess that i have to look after everybody i know, he was saying it like it was my duty as an older ate. Ironic, because it's somehow opposite from what I normally do. The sermon was all about sins and it's consequences.. Well, talking about sins I think Ive already committed a lot.. Only few were forgiven and admitted though but, hey! admitting a mistake is already a big leap for my tiny and stubborn legs. I have to stop committing sins so that i can help others go to heaven by reminding them of the right thing to do. Sounds really scary, it's like not being Charisse if ever i did that. I'm not oppossing or even laugghing at the idea.. it gave me goosebumps actually... specially when he said this: "We must not go on correcting other people's mistakes when we ourselves have our own criminal ways of doing wrong things, we judge and talk about people's mistakes as an excuse for us to get away from the reality that we do worse things." Geeezzz!!! Yeah father, i get your point..it's time for me to do some reflecting and a little bit of over due changes must be corrected and submitted.

No comments: